Do you like to play games? Would you like to try your hand at writing about things you like for an audience? Join the Newbie Blogger Initiative! The NBI, as we like to call it, centers around a month-long series of events in which veteran bloggers in this little gaming corner of the internet organize activities designed to help you channel your inner author and write with abandon. You can look over the kick-off announcement if you’d like to familiarize yourself with what things are all about. Alternatively, you can follow these three simple steps:
- Follow @newbieblogger2 on Twitter. If you don’t have or use Twitter, get it and start using it. Trust me, all the cool kids are doing it. I’m in my late 30s and I’m one of them.
- Bookmark and/or add www.newbiebloggerinitiative.com to your reader. Major announcements will be made on the front page. In fact, there are a couple of them already!
- Sign up for an NBI forum account and add your blog to the list of newbies. If you’re not a newbie blogger, consider signing up as a sponsor. If you’re not sure about which status would be more appropriate, feel free to ask.
If you’re thinking about all this and are still hesitant about jumping in, have a look at what some of our newbie bloggers have been talking about lately:
- Aspect of the Hare by Pike
- Chaotic Pixels by Sara
- Gamer Girl Confessions by Chestnut
- Gaming Adventures by Chris
- Imperial Intelligence by Targeter
- In Character by Chadrassa
- Knifesedge Adventures in MMOs by Knifesedge
- Lair of the Wolf Dragon by Faeldray
- Light the Beacons by Braag, Son of Balin
- Pleasant Gamer by Zyngor
- Ramblings of a MMO Gamer Guy by Scott
- Randark’s Review by Randark
- The Iron Dagger by Syrmaticus
- The Rykter Scale by Rykter
- Soultamer Gaming by Soultamer
- Tyrannodorkus by Mr. Tyranny
- Waiting for Rez by Weakness
- Zerneblog by Zernebog83
You can talk about anything you’d like and you’ll have an audience hanging on your every word. No pressure! Just go out there and start writing. It’ll be awesome! And remember: you have permission to suck! Not that you will, but just in case you thought you might have, you know, it’s all good.